Usually Mondays are mundane, but today was somewhat special.My boss, Renee, greeted me this morning with three adorable polka dot tins, and an apology for her belated Administrative Assistant's gift (we get to things when we can in our office!). Inside the tins I found an absolute jackpot of vintage jewelry, picked out by Renee and her 9 year-old daughter Sophie! It was such a sweet, personal gift...it made me all warm and gooey inside :)
(Love these and almost lost them in the brush while crouching among barbed wire and foliage...)
(This necklace is my favorite because the little orange jewels remind me of carrots from a mixed vegetable bag. In a really, really good way.)
Today was a reminder that although sometimes the 5 o'clock hour can seem lightyears away...I am so blessed to work with people who understand some very important concepts about life. Such as:
- Sometimes my officemate and I DO need Bagel Bites at 8:30am.
- Kittens get sick and need multiple visits to the vet...during work hours.
- Nothing brightens a day like the "Who Wore It Best" pages of an US magazine.
- Some things are important enough to drop everything and Google.
- Yes, dear boss. I will borrow your Grey's soundtrack til the day I die.
Then my boss proceeded to allow me to take tomorrow afternoon off. And gave me a Bette Midler CD. What a wonderful day.