(Two of my favorites: leaves and puddles.)
I absolutely cannot believe that the weekend has come and gone. And at midnight on Sunday night, it isn't looking like my real "To-Do's" got completed...
The Completed Items:
- Open all the windows and snuggle up in the crisp chill. Sleep in--twice.
- Flip through September's issue of Lucky. Curse body type for looking like a lumberjack in oh-so-fashion forward plaid.
- Catch a baseball game on TV, make concerted effort to watch and follow along. Wind up falling asleep. Pride self on effort, regardless.
- Cuddle brand new little kitten at the humane society...fall in love, dream of adopting him and naming him Xander. Recall crushing reality that I live in a "no pets" apartment. Return little kitten to lonely wire cage.
- Sneak in a little birthday shopping for my mom. End up shopping for self...decide this probably makes me a terrible, ego-centric person. Blame it all on the fabulous sales.
- Share a glass of Honeycrisp wine with my sis, laugh uproariously at old episodes of The Office.
- Spend the afternoon with fam + Gabe + cousin Chad for annual fall jaunt to a gorgeous local state park. Catch these three perfect leaves bathing in a parking lot puddle.
Items Not Completed (or, truthfully, attempted in the least...):
- Wash and dry frighteningly massive pile of dirty dishes. Ew.
- Put pencil to paper--finish two drawings for class. (Do not leave this until the night before...)
- Clean out scary, scary fridge.
- Catch up on 3+ hours of reading for class-take online quizzes and participate in discussion forum.
- Wade through ginormous laundry pile, wash the filth...rid drawers and closet of the unwanted.
- Visit the gym. At least once. (Wince. Epic fail.)
I will surely pay for all this "undone" later...but, oh, what a lovely weekend of procrastination. :)